Sèvres Porcelain Manufactory

Established in 1738, the Sèvres Porcelain Manufactory outside of Paris received a royal appointment from Louis XV in 1756, and it was his mistress, Madame de Pompadour, who was one of the factory's greatest patrons. Sèvres boasted some of the country's best craftsmen and artists, and was known for its finely painted and gilded wares. Through Napoleon's empire, into the 20th century, and still today, Sèvres Porcelain (now nationally-owned) remains among the world's highest quality, most respected ceramics manufactories.
2 products